#StayHome #StaySafe! Learn Online and Upskill your talents
Skip to content
- Hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP)
- Used to access the World Wide Web and is used by all of today’s web applications.
- A simple protocol that was originally developed for retrieving static text-based resources.
- HTTP uses a message-based model in which a client sends a request message and the server returns a response message.
- Connectionless: although HTTP uses the stateful TCP protocol
- Note: Each exchange of request and response is an autonomous transaction and may use a different TCP connection
- HTTP: The Definitive Guideby David Gourley and Brian Totty (O’Reilly, 2002)
- Website of the World Wide Web Consortium at www.w3.org.