Before starting campaign:.
- Identify your pay-per-click (PPC) competitors
- Analyze how much your competitor is spending on AdWords.
- Using above competitive information set our own spend-and-bid goals and then calculate the potential return.
Focusing on relevance:.
- Ads is all about relevance and ensuring that Google users see quality ads, which directly relate to what the people are searching for.
- Google reward advertisers who create quality campaigns and is monitored through key metrics called Quality Score and clickthrough-rate (CTR). important terminology to understand google ads
- Focusing on relevance will help you pay less and achieve better profits from your ad efforts. Focus on relevance by
- Achieving a high CTR: The general rule of thumb is to aim for a CTR of 1 percent and above.
- Keeping healthy Quality Scores: Once you create your AdWords account and start running campaigns, you’ll be able to see your Quality Scores at the keyword level. Choose keywords that are relevant and have good Quality Scores and then refine those that do not.
Identifying your competitors for google ads:.
- List similar websites and businesses are already using Ads.
- Analyse their positioning in the online search market.
- This competitive information can be used to research keywords,
Starting with conservative spend:.
Keep in mind that results will vary for different websites and that budgets should be consistent with your marketing goals. High spend advertisers typically have more comprehensive ad campaigns and are likely seeing a positive return on investment (ROI) from Ads. However, low spend does not necessarily mean that Ads is not profitable. A business could simply have budget constraints unrelated to Ads performance. Also, just because a competitor is investing a lot into AdWords does not mean that you will not be able to compete without a large budget. I recommend starting with conservative spend as you figure out what works for you and test the various options that Google Ads has to offer.
Setting advertising goals:.
The following are some common conversion goals advertisers have:
- Downloads (whitepapers and apps)
- Visits to a particular page, such as the contact page
Golden rule:. Try to maximize clicks that result in conversions and optimize the ad to increase your conversion rate.