In this post, I am explaining 5 reasons why a person should optimize, speed of wordpress or any website after publishing it.
Reason 1:. Helps in decreasing website or its page load time.
- More the load time, more the bounce rate.
- More the number of bounce, results in lower the website rank.
Reason 2:. Stop Loosing Business
40% of people abandon a website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.-Niel Patel.
In a report titled, “The state of Digital Lifestyles” 88 percent people tend to get frustrated if there is a snag in content delivery, this includes factors such as rebuffering, long download times and disruptions due to errors.
Reason 3:. Use of Images or Infographics unnecessarily
37% of the population are visual learners.-Linda Silverman.
- “more the images on single webpage, will take more time to load.“
- People prefer images over text
- Images draws attention of visitor
Reason 4:. Hiring inexperienced graphic designer or web developer
- They just create and upload image on the webpage without applying image optimization.
- Your question must be, what is image optimization? so here the answer is “Image optimization is about reducing the file size of your images as much as possible without sacrificing quality so that your page load times remain low. It’s also known as image SEO. “
Reason 5: Use of unrelated images
- Place the right image
- Try to place the image near the relevant text.
- Choose the right format, for example use WebP instead of JPEG and PNG. It will produce high-quality results with smaller file sizes.
- Use SVG for logos and icons
- Use responsive images